Heritage Square offers a continuum of quality care to seniors. Individuals can choose independent housing in a duplex; they can receive assisted care in the sheltered living unit; or they can live in our Health Care Center, staffed by Skilled Nursing Personnel around the clock.
Wide Range of Housing Options Available
Our range of housing options allows seniors and their family members to determine which type of living arrangement will best meet the resident’s lifestyle needs. And we continually adapt and accommodate to the changing needs of our residents, helping individuals move from one unit to another – from sheltered care living to the skilled nursing unit if they need additional care – so that they receive the care they need without being uprooted from their familiar and comfortable surroundings. Individuals needing more care can retain their room in the sheltered care area if they need to move to the Healthcare Center on a temporary basis.
Family and friends are encouraged to visit residents.
Visiting hours: The main entrance door is locked at 8:00 p.m. To enter after 8:00 p.m., use the buzzer at the main entrance, north parking lot or the north entrance near the resident parking area.
If a resident has a guest leave after 8:00 p.m., he/she should notify the staff that the guest is leaving the building. Special circumstances for visiting may be discussed with the Social Services Director.
A guest room offers overnight accommodations for out-of-town visitors. If there is a room available in Sheltered Care, a guest of a resident may arrange to stay by contacting the Social Services Director. There is no fee for this service, but donations are accepted.
DINING (for Guests)
See Resident Handbook for complete details.
Guest Dining Room can be reserved for residents on special occasions and celebrations.
MEALS (for Residents and Their Guests)
Resident with guests for meals will eat in the guest dining room, north lounge or south lounge.
We tend to every detail for our residents and their loved ones. Our Physical Therapy room – equipped with parallel bars, whirlpool bathtub, shoulder wheel, exercise bike, and exercise cot – assists individuals with the rehabilitation process.
Heritage Square has a beauty shop located on the lower level. Appointments can be arranged by contacting the beautician during shop hours. Appointments may be made for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Beauty Shop fees can be billed or paid in cash by the resident.
Barber service for men is available in our Beauty Shop by special appointment. Residents may have their own barber use the Heritage Square Beauty Shop or contact Social Services to arrange an appointment.
Heritage Square has a lovely Chapel. All churches of any denomination may reserve the Chapel for their parishioners.
The following are ongoing, scheduled services (see our Calendar):
- Weekly Ecumenical Worship is held on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. with area ministers leading the services.
- Devotions are held Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings at 8:15 A.M. per volunteer.
- Nondenominational Bible Study is held at 10:00 A.M. in the Health Care Center and at 10:30 A.M. in the Sheltered Care conducted by the Heritage Square Chaplain each Thursday.
- Ecumenical Communion Services are held seasonally by the Heritage Square Chaplain in the Chapel.
- Roman Catholic Services – First Friday Communion is held on the first Friday of every month at 9:30 A.M. Rosary/Communion Service is held weekly on Tuesday at 9:30 A.M. Masses are held as scheduled.
- Clergy from any church may set up religious services for their parishioners by contacting the Social Services Department.
- Memorials, or special services may be held in the chapel by reservation through the Social Services Department.