We are Happy to announce that we are now allowed to do outdoor visits with restrictions per state guidance.
- Please note, these are outdoor visits only and visitors cannot enter the facility for any reason at this time.
- Each resident having a visit is restricted per state rules to two visitors maximum, and the resident and all visitors must remain 6 feet apart during the duration of the visit.
- Visitors and residents are required to wear face masks at all times during the visits as well. Visitors must arrive with their own face coverings. Face coverings should cover the nose and mouth at all times.
- These visits are required by the state to be supervised by staff. With this said, we will designate a visiting location and will be scheduling visits starting immediately. If you would like to set up an outdoor visitation with your loved one, please call Dawn at 815-288-2251 ext. 121 to coordinate your visit during the designated visitation hours, weather permitting.
- We are required to screen visitors for any COVID symptoms, as well as check their temperature prior to visits with residents. You will not be permitted to stay if you have a fever and/or any COVID symptoms.
Additional information will be provided when you call to schedule your visit.
Bonnie O’Connell – BSN, Administrator
A message from our Administrator
Thank you very much for everything you are doing to keep our residents and facility staff safe and healthy. We continue to monitor the situation in our community; we will keep you informed about any new precautions we think are necessary to keep your loved one(s) safe.
We encourage you to review the CDC website for information about COVID- 19, including its symptoms, how it spreads, and actions you can take to protect your health: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Staying Connected Initiative
In light of the current visitor restrictions Heritage Square has implemented a Staying Connected Initiative. This includes Live Video Chatting and Phone Calls.
If interested, options include: Skype, Google Duo, Messenger, Zoom and Phone Call facilitation.
To get connected please reach out to Dawn @ 815-288-2251 ext. 121.
In order to protect our residents, we ask that you DO NOT visit the facility during this time.
To keep our facility free of COVID-19, we are restricting all visitors and guest unless you are here for:
· Any resident who is at the end of life.
· Any resident who has a recent change of condition that may require assessment from a responsible party to guide care going forward.
· Any resident who will be permanently discharging from the facility who requires assistance to do so.
For those that meet the above criteria, a signed acknowledgment form, health assessment and evaluation of temperature are required.
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the facility.
FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND COOPERATION
Bonnie O’Connell – BSN, Administrator
Welcome to Heritage Square, an oasis in senior living!
Our gorgeous campus in historic Dixon, Ill. offers a continuum of care from independent housing to a skilled nursing unit staffed by an excellent ratio of medical personnel that tend to our residents around the clock. The Illinois Department of Public Health has bestowed upon us a 5-star rating, which we are very proud of.
Ever since we opened our doors in 1974, Heritage Square has established its reputation as a progressive model in senior housing and health care. As a not-for-profit corporation, we can provide truly unique services to our residents: While we can keep our rates affordable, our staff has been freed up to focus on one mission – providing the highest quality of care in a warm and loving environment.
At Heritage Square, we celebrate life. Paintings by local artists line the walls, and community gardens bloom outside the windows. Residents can maintain the normalcy of their lives, while participating in a wide range of activities offered for their social, cultural, and personal enrichment. Our residents are empowered – through an elected Resident Council of peers – to decide how best to improve their experience here, from recipes and meals to the new community vehicle.
Heritage Square operates as a community unto itself, with every amenity just steps away. To visit the doctor, residents simply walk down the hall to the examination room. For a hair cut, they open the door to the beauty salon. For a physical therapy session or to vote in an Election, residents do not need to leave the premises; for the convenience of our residents, Heritage Square is equipped with a state-of-the-art rehabilitation room, and residents are able to vote on our campus.
Established by two like-minded community leaders in 1974, Heritage Square continues to achieve the original ideals of its founding. Because of our high standards, the Dixon community supports and reveres Heritage Square, with our generous donors enabling us to continue enhancing the quality of life for our residents.
Heritage Square is located in Dixon, Ill. – the hometown of President Ronald Reagan – and sits just a few blocks from the Rock River and the downtown district. Residents can walk to shops and restaurants, and watch the seasons change in a quaint, safe town in the heart of the Midwest.